The story of your business will be told—whether you tell it or not. In order to avoid customer misunderstanding and market confusion, responsible businesses must learn what makes a story “stick” for an audience. Over the course of this class, Michael and Dave will use a “cooking model” to break storytelling down in a way that leaves business owners and marketers equipped to build their stories one ingredient at a time. Storytelling is the way we create meaning in all aspects of our lives, and this course will help you determine how to use that innate framework to bring life to your organization.
Clarifying your business’ story will help you….
- How to educate potential clients about what differentiates your organization
- Recruit staff with the knowledge of what kind of employees your culture needs
- Establish buy-in from internal stakeholders and develop essential story tools for key personnel
- Make clear decisions about potential new avenues for your business
- Develop dynamic marketing materials that speak to your audience’s needs
- Focus your energy by knowing when to say no to partnerships or projects that are not a good fit for your goals