This half day class will help you understand how businesses are valuated (and it’s not what you hear on the street), what you can do to increase the value in your business and why you need to have a buy-sell agreement even before you are exiting your business.
Who should attend:
Business owners who want to learn what factors determine a business valuation, how to increase the value of your business, or why you need a buy/sell agreement even before you decide to buy or sell.
You will learn:
- Determine whether your business is transferable or saleable
- Why every business has more than one value and what really matters when valuing a privately owned company.
- Business valuation approaches, methodologies and discount rates.
- Specific strategies to implement to increase the value of your business.
- Why such phrases as “Fair Market Value” and “Book Value” are not sufficient direction to a business appraiser.
- Different types of provisions and share a matrix we’ve developed for determining the intent of the owners under all triggering events so counsel can create a document that will truly assist the business owners when a triggering event occurs, saving them frustration, arguments and potential litigation.